Jan 25, 2012

What's in a blog name?


It's one of the hardest things, really. Choosing a name for your blog. I've been writing for other blogs as part of my work and my passion, but when it comes down to choosing a blog title for my first personal blog, it was no walk in the park.

So how did I end up with "Tins' Corner" for my blog name? Oh, the story behind it! I was thinking of something cozy but not cheesy (through-the-looking-glass-ish). I was thinking of something that will go down as a classic (read: current) even 10 years from now (Tins' World?). But when I tried to register that to (hang my head here) Wordpress, the name is already taken!

So I improvised and got carried away, and moved to "Seize the day". Again, taken! When I finally settled with "Tins' Corner" as something I can live with (and I hope my future readers can bear with), this one is amazingly available at Wordpress. I'm beginning to see a light at the end of this already-minutes-long tunnel.

And what do you know, Wordpress is still as painful to me as it was a couple of years ago -- the displays are off, the page loads slow, sometimes not at all -- and reminded me again that I better move out of there fast and home in on my trusty friend -- Blogger.

So "Tin's Corner" at Blogger is available, and now it's here, hot off the press. The combination of luck or serendipity, or even the movements of fate, destiny, celestial beings, or God Himself, must be at work here.

Tin's Corner is here to stay.

4 comments:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    Jeep Rubicon AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Sheena! Glad you liked my blog. Do come back. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog super-tins....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, odnap! Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete